Labatt Blues, widely considered the Smirnoff Ice of the north, were the Smirnoff Ices of the Tuesday Night League last night. After going down 1-0 early on a bad bounce, the Panthers would control most of the play but still end up being down at the end of 1, 3-2. Goals by Fast Drew and Jay kept the Panthers in it early. Lot’s of giggling by newly-appointed equipment manager Bon with his former players would cause some readiness issues with the Panthers in the first.
The second was a bit of a different story, as the Panthers scored 3 unanswered on goals by Drew, Stevie, and Matty in what would be the eventual game winner.
A goal early in the third gave the boys a bit of a panic, but soon after, a nice pass by Stevie ended up finding its way through a mess in front to Coach, who would find a way to get in the back of the cage. BNags would add an empty netter to make it 7-4.
- POTG went to the Coach with 1G and 2A on the night. The POTG snack this week was an iced honey bun
- 7 different players scored for the Panthers, in a well rounded team performance. This would be more impressive if there weren’t 23 guys on the team
- Peetie did not get a concussion this week. Baby steps
- BNags scored for the first time since the Berlin Wall came down
- Panthers got new socks, and they looked damn good
- Jury is still out on whether or not Duran’s baby and Tater have the same haircut
- The official pizza of the Panthers is back to Pizza Days. Domino’s next-day shits have lead to this decision
Panthers meet perennial league power Team Carter next week, 7:40PM at the BIP.